Flying out of the sun

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Permaculture




Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than againstnature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted& thoughtless action; of looking at systems in all their functions rather than asking only one yield of them & of allowing systems todemonstrate their own evolutions.

So this is a definition of a philosophy of working with nature that is very appealing to me at the moment. I'm very keen on green. The window spaces have all turned green and sprouting. The sunflower shoots weave in and around and through each other, making different dances every day.

I am learning.

It's good to repot little shoots when their root systems outgrow the pots they're living in. Otherwise things can get tangled. I have to brush and oil my hair every now and then because it moves like the sunflower shoots. I am a sunflower shoot in need of repotting.

I sit in the pot I've been in for the past while and continue to grow. It gets crowded in here. Soon enough we'll have to move. To a bigger pot. More growing room.

In the meantime, I'm planting everything I can get my hands on.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home